Siena College GPA, SAT and ACT GraphSiena College GPA, SAT Scores and ACT Scores for Admission. Data courtesy of Cappex.
How Do You Measure Up at Siena College?
Calculate Your Chances of Getting In with this free tool from Cappex.
Discussion of Siena's Admissions Standards:
You'll need solid grades to receive an acceptance letter from Siena College. In 2015, this highly regarded Catholic college accepted 76% of all applicants. In the graph above, the blue and green dots represent accepted students. You can see that the majority of successful applicants had high school averages in the "B" range or better, combined SAT scores of about 1050 or higher (RW+M), and ACT composite scores of 21 or better. Grades are much more important than standardized test scores--beginning with the 2016-17 admissions cycle, Siena College will employ a test-optional admissions policy. Assuming you have completed an adequate number of college preparatory courses in high school, you won't need to submit your SAT or ACT scores. (Some specialized programs still require standardized test scores, so be sure to check for details on the Siena admissions website).
You'll notice quite a few red dots (rejected students) and yellow dots (waitlisted students) interspersed with the green and blue in the left and lower parts of the graph. Some applicants had grades and test scores that were on target for Siena College yet were rejected. You can see that the opposite is also true -- some students were accepted with test scores and grades a bit below the norm. This is because Siena uses the Common Application and has holistic admissions. Siena will be looking at the rigor of your high school courses, not just your grades. They want to see that you have taken challenging college preparatory classes. Also, the admissions folks will be looking for a winning essay, interesting extracurricular activities, an engaging short answer, and strong letters of recommendation. Finally, Siena wants to admit students who have clearly demonstrated interest in the school, so doing an optional interview can improve your chances.
To learn more about Siena College, high school GPAs, SAT scores and ACT scores, these articles can help:
Articles Featuring Siena College:
- Top Catholic Colleges
- Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC)
If You Like Siena College, You May Also Like These Schools
- Quinnipiac University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Binghamton University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Ithaca College: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Syracuse University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Providence College: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Hartwick College: Profile
- Hofstra University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- University of Connecticut: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Drexel University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Fordham University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- University at Albany: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Stony Brook University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph